Thread: 2016 Project
View Single Post
Old 28th February 2016, 21:27   #160
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

very busy weekend this week, starting friday all the way to today.

First of all, i decided it was time to do something about my scrappy rear bumper. it wasn't a pre project drive one anyway as it lacked a separate bottom black plastic trim:

as well as the hole and scratches and chips seen here, there was also a huge crack in it with the paint bubbling off where it had been resprayed before.

So I got a yard find , green, but PPD, which fits my car, and got it resprayed:

so it ended up a beautiful match and a great job, left it until today to fit so the paint was a bit harder. The final result:

Also fitted my undertray back on after it decided to drop half off AGAIN in the week. Now it is secure with 6 M8 40mm bolts and hopefully i won't be going back to look at this again in a long while.

Special thank you to Paul (129c) for his patience and help with all of this.

Going back a day, saturday went to see friends in kettering, and had a good go at fixing a dodgy abs sensor which was causing the brakes to 'grind' at low speed and wear sensor. My car was one hell of a mess having been butchered. The wear sensor had been cut off and the wires joined, and cable tied to the hydramount, and the abs sensor should have gone down 1 of 2 holes in the wheel arch, not down a gap between the body and the liner!

So that needed fixing:

sadly the car fought back all the way - from a broken socket on the abs sensor that needed resoldering, to an old abs sensor that wouldn't come out, even up to a new sensor that didn't work. Very annoying, that after all that work, the abs light came on and I had no speedo:

Still, a big thank you to john and paulym, who moved heaven and earth to get it going. But it wasn't to be. However, we did get the wear sensor fixed, and the socket tidied ,and it didn't look as butchered as before. Plus my brakes no longer ground below 25mph. A better solution will be found this week.

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
BMW MK4 satnav, clock mod, BT ulf, 16:9 screen & TV
upgraded BM54 + BT Aux-in
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key
Spyhole +Jules plenum shield
PPD - badges,rear plinth, carpeted heater panels, anchor bolts, reflectors