Thread: Subwoofer woes
View Single Post
Old 31st July 2019, 16:34   #7
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Thumbs up

Right then. Sorry for the delay.

Grey connector. On the line with the green/white wire at the left end, the next pin has a brown/yellow wire, the next pin is empty, and the last wire is grey green. All other pins have wires.
All 8 brown connector pins have wires too.

the yellow/green/blue connector has quite a few wires from it.

looking at the back where the wires come out, and yellow block on the left, the wiring is -

yellow block - middle row, right hand pin, yellow/purple wire

green block - middle row, right hand pin, blue/purple wire
bottom rown, right hand pin, blue/orange wire.
these are the wires for the steering wheel controls and I've already connected the existing wires to these and the controls work fine.

Blue block - top row, brown - yellow - white wires
middle row, orange - black wires
bottom row, green - red - blue wires
so all pins wired.

And now a new problem.
I have been out today and discovered that Kims hi-line radio tuner doesn't work because all the connectors, incliding the aerial, are heavily rusted. My guess is that the tuner itself has probably burnt out inside.
I found a thread on here from 2013, where someone with a damaged hi-line radio unit is told that a BMW BM24 unit is a straight swap.
I have a spare radio unit, but it is a BMW BM54 unit. And on top of that, the hi-line unit has a 5amp fuse, but the spare has a 10amp fuse.
Can I replace the damaged radio tuner with the other one without any major heartache?
Thank you,
Adrian.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote