Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Update on voltage readings.
With charger connected
Immediately after charger disconnected
Ten minutes later

Four hours later

So battery is OK.
Took off door card. Examined with flashlight and mirror but didn’t find anything obviously broken. With no power, found the key would not unlock the door as before. Inside door handle also didn’t work but I could see the button moving up and down. Oddly, if I leave the key in the door at lock position outside, then the door unlocks with two pulls from inside. However, I can’t remove the key from the door unless I close it and lock it manually from outside again. Key out, inside lever doesn’t open, key in at lock position and inside lever works but again key is trapped in the lock. Then door opens and closes normally from outside.
I’ve sprayed a large quantity of electrical contact cleaner into the lock to clean it and need a recommendation on the best lock lubricant as the next step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Best lock lubricant is cabba lock cleaner. The new tins are butane powered rather than the pump spray of the old tins have bought a new tin to compare with my old tins the stuff inside is still the same just new packaging and now gas powered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote