View Single Post
Old 18th September 2008, 06:03   #26
wptk999

MG ZT

Default TV and stuff

Thanks to all for your interest in my progress!

I'm still deciding which route to follow for Freeview - I'll let you know when I decide. I had a minor issue with teh TV antenna - my car must originally have had a very basic ICE setup because the rear screen has no connectors for the tv antenna. So I just used some insulated wire and hid it under the trim around the rear window. Works a treat! In theory, it shouldn't work (not tuned to the right wavelength and all that) but the TV system and the little antenna connector must be quite insensitive to such things and so it works OK.

Still need to try it out on digital though - that is more sensitive to such things. Still, as I don't intend to try watching tv while I'm driving, it won't be such a problem!

I've bought a cd to upgrade my satnav software (it's a Mk3 unit). The cd is a BMW one and the label says Sat Nav O/S upgrade V31 and says it will upgrade a Mk3 to 3-1/63. Anyone tried this? I'm not too bothered if it won't work as the cd wasn't that expensive, but I would like to try!

Other than me still working out out to work the sat nav it all seems to be working just fine. Except I think I could do with upgrading the speakers now I have the Harmon Kardon amp in the boot.....and a sub-woofer would be nice.....

One day I'll get it finished!

Bill Kelly
Focus C-MAX 2.0
1965 Daimler V8[SIGPIC]
wptk999 is offline   Reply With Quote