View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2009, 07:41   #43
Hans-Jørgen Siljan

Rover 75 1.8 Saloon

Default Some problems after upgrading

Good morning to all of you

I've upgraded my entertainment system from the original Symphonie header (Philips XQD101090PUY) with glowbox mounted CD changer (Alpine XOE100430) to a high line Nav Sat system with an Alpine monitor (YIE000310PUY), radiotuner BM24 (XQC100440), TV tuner (YIC000110) and a BMW MK3 Nav. computer (not sure of the article no.).
It is working almost perfectly except for the TV and computer. I really dont care about the TV, but want the other functions to operate.

I've also installed the steering wheel interface (YWQ100031) but still have some problems :

1. The radio does not respond to my commands from the steering wheel remote controls? Have I missed something or do I use the wrong interface ?

2. If I hit a bump, the radio suddenly stop working. I then have to turn the radio off and on again to get it working again. Any experinces ?

3. I would like to reinstall the CD changer (preferably in the boot) but there are no awailable connectors ? Do I have to by a new CD changer or some new interfaces ? Any suggestions will be appreciated :-)

4. The last questions of mine is regarding the computer function in the monitor. I do not get any information at all. Do I have to install any more interfaces or units (I don't have the speedo with computer)

I'm gratefull to any feeback from you guys

Regards
Hans
Hans-Jørgen Siljan is offline   Reply With Quote