View Single Post
Old 19th August 2018, 23:27   #16
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Basically in the safe position the 180 locking plates fits perfectly and the 190 ones did not suggesting it had been timed in that manner.
If the belts are original, it is possible that there has been some stretch that has moved the timed position such that it is now closer to the 2.0/2.5/160 position

But as above, just change them as per the book and use the 190 plates and it will be correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
So it would appear that 1955diesel was right all along then Simon.
Mike, 1955diesel was, I believe, referring to the position marks on the earlier 800 version of the KV6 which had floating rear sprockets. I believe that for the later 75/45 KV6 that the rear sprockets should be pretty much aligned when new belts are fitted, irrespective of power output - no not 100% spot on but close enough so that it is technically possible to fit the rear belts with the front tools in place (just about!), which I achieved.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote