View Single Post
Old 13th June 2019, 16:57   #107
Matt G
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+ (Development car), mg zt 190SE (Twilight), MG ZS 180

Thanks Canonite for the information.

That completely re affirms yours is definitely a press car , but suggests mine was not as I have all the service history and not one piece of paper says MG Press garages on it. This leaves me back at square one, unless mine was either heading that way and got scrubbed or it’s purpose was different. It still doesn’t explain why it spent 15 months at MG Rover and only achieved 17 miles. If it had been a potential failed press vehicle surely it would of been sold off sooner.

The other weird thing is it’s number plate BU04 YHC very much falls in sequence with a number of MGR cars which sat in the flight shed ( and then subsequently in the yard ) and where ultimately scrapped by SAIC years later rather than sold on, such as the photographed BU04 YGT, BU04 YHF and BU04 YHP, long wheel based 75, and a couple of Zt 260’s

I would love to know if yours was also registered to “ MG Rover Engineering Fleet Control” initially as that would help create some confirmation either way. In fact I would love to know if anyone from the works can confirm that is the flight shed address, certainly the entrance used to be on Groveley Lane.

For your benefit you can find out initial/previous owners for just £5 by completing the DVLA V888 form. Due to Data protection they will only send you information about the previous owner if they are were a company not an individual, so should work in your case. Also note they only accept cheques.

Rgds

Matt
Matt G is offline   Reply With Quote