Thread: Subscriptions
View Single Post
Old 28th January 2021, 16:50   #15
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Perhaps, if you have a good friend who uses paypal, you could transfer the money into their account so they could pay your subscription for you.-----
Subscription is not something that has ever been essential to me, John. My main reason for doing so over my years here was to do my bit to help the site out with its running costs. Never had a problem before as Paypal was my method of paying. However following Paypal's shift to two-part authentication I ended up being locked out of my account and Paypal could not resolve the problem. After a number of attempts to no avail its only suggestion was to close my long-standing account with it and to open a new one. That together with the hassle of two-part wotsit and some selling platforms charging extra for Paypal made it an easy decision to just close the account.

I've always had an eye on security when online and the importance of practicing "The Need To Know" principle re personal information. And while I accept that the site needs to have some way of linking a subscription payment to a member there is a limit to how much info I personally will provide. A site username maybe, but anything more and the likes of my private telephone number in particular definitely not.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote