View Single Post
Old 24th July 2015, 16:51   #1
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Default Of wipers and Head Units ...

Strange problem driving back from work in the pouring rain ... the wipers were stopping, mid way through wipe, park, don't park, single sweep, stop, etc you get the picture - wasn't appreciated in the pouring rain. At one point just stopped and wouldn't move then restarted ... then just worked fine, been out to the car again and works fine on all settings ... reseated the wiper plug just in case ... seems to be fine.

Why mention the HU you might ask? well whilst in the car testing, i realised that as soon as the wiper motor energises the "backlight" of the HU was flickering on, then off when the motor goes off (and the display dims too). I have the backlight programmed to be Amber, but when they come on in this manner they flick through red then Amber ...

???

Wiper still works and radio appears to work - I can't imagine the two are not related though?

I have been playing with wires in the car of course - I fitted the electric seats yesterday, but no problem noticed then or this morning ... the HU has been fitted for ages now and stores radio stations in memory etc fine ... so I don't think its the red/yellow wires at the HU need swapping ...

Anyone seen this before?

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote