View Single Post
Old 18th November 2019, 13:48   #149460
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I think it’s both Phil. I'm doing Ok thanks, the reality hit me at the weekend, but I’m ok now. We have made a start on clearing the house, this week we have to get everything in the house valued for probate purposes, I will have to ask the solicitor if we can get the house valued yet. I know it can’t be marketed, but we may be able to get a valuation.
Hi Richard, it is good to hear you are doing OK. You have been through a lot. It is easy for me to intellectualise about it, but you are having to deal with the feelings and memories your Aunts belongings will generate for you, never easy. Yes, once you have a valuation, your solicitor will be able to tell if the estate is liable for death duties or not. It is only my view, but now is the best time to get a low valuation in the run up to Christmas, the election and Brexit. We had a flat in Margate on the market for sale. We had to take it off for the winter and because buyers were wanting us to drop our price. We are not in a hurry and can wait. Hopefully when everything is known about the next government and Brexit goes through, house prices will shoot up. Take care.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote