View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2020, 23:27   #3
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
there are web sites that will convert weight to area or sites that will work put how much you need such as https://www.concretenetwork.com/conc...calculator.htm
I would have thought if you give the builders merchant the dimensions they would work it out for you.

How about a concrete base with damp proof course running through and then building on top. No need to have a wooden floor.
I have something like 15 x 10 which I dug by hand and hired a cement mixer to make up the concrete. I doubt you would need to dig very deep, 6-8 inch?

macafee2
That's a good link, thanks. All builders merchants here are closed at the moment so can't pop in to ask. Just trying to get a rough idea of cost at the moment to see if there's any way we can actually afford it. Though my wife announced this morning that she's ordered the shed I wanted and it'll be here in 4 weeks. So I at least need to get a big enough base done for that.

At the moment I'm guessing it'll be around £1500 all in for the slabs etc and a load of wood for raised planters around the edge. Ultimately trying to incorporate a railway running from the shed, around the edge of the garden, looping back into the shed, out the other side and along the other side of the garden, before looping back again.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote