View Single Post
Old 15th May 2021, 12:00   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati750cc View Post
Whilst playing about with Toaf on the 2005 cdti tourer I was given and am working on, I found that the tailgate window can be opened remotely.

Does anyone know if there was a switch fitted and where, on any of the variants.

This one doesn't have the tailgate release switch either ( below the bonnet release ) but the old series 1 I'm cannibalising has one so a transplant is imminent.

The free gift is about ready for an MOT in a few days, when it passes I'll start a thread on its resurrection, trials, tribulations, horror stories and surprises.

To be honest it is in good shape, no body rot, a few very small dents and scratches from bags and shopping trolleys ? no welding needed other than the captive nuts inside the rear subframe, clean inside and out, main work was on suspension and brakes and re-undersealing it.

Watch this space.

The first time I used TOAF, I changed only the auto rear heated window option. I clicked around the modules only without changing anything else. When I disconnected it, my remote release via the key button would not operate.

I had to go in and look at all of the modules I looked at, and noticed that the boot release AND tailgate release were both ticked (I didnt do it!). Unticked the tailgate release (it is a saloon) and it resumed service. This makes me think that perhaps simply ticking the tailgate release will allow the remote release (at least via holding down the button on the key), perhaps it does this normally? lol (seems it is lol )

I am sure that I have read that early ones had the switch mounted as you say below the bonnet release and people have reinstated it - some reading for you HERE

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 15th May 2021 at 12:04..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote