View Single Post
Old 15th May 2021, 12:54   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati750cc View Post
Thanks for that CLF, everything operates as normal from the fob including opening the tailgate by holding the unlock button down for 1 second, fitting the tailgate opening switch from the old car will be no problem, the switch aperture is there behind a blanking plate and I will be able to see which wires to use off the old car.

It's the tailgate window opening switch location I'm looking for, I can't say I've ever noticed one on other 75's, but then have never looked for one, no other switch aperture blanking plates about either.

If I can find out where the switch was fitted I can look for the cables in that location.

This model has the Trafficmaster smart nav fitted with the switch between the heated seat switches so at a pinch I could use this switch aperture.

This system gave directions by voice, if I push the button it tries to, but can't connect to the mobile phone system obviously because there is no current subscription, one quite neat feature was that it could be used to track the car if it was stolen.
The switch as I understood it was fitted below the bonnet release (as in the saloon) but fitted with a rectangular blanking plate. Some of those links in the search suggest looking for the wiring but I havent read into it further. If the wiring was actually present, I imagine it would be a simple question of fitting the switch and then activating it via T4 or TOAF.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote