View Single Post
Old 15th May 2021, 17:23   #5
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati750cc View Post
Whilst playing about with Toaf on the 2005 cdti tourer I was given and am working on, I found that the tailgate window can be opened remotely.

Does anyone know if there was a switch fitted and where, on any of the variants.

This one doesn't have the tailgate release switch either ( below the bonnet release ) but the old series 1 I'm cannibalising has one so a transplant is imminent.

The free gift is about ready for an MOT in a few days, when it passes I'll start a thread on its resurrection, trials, tribulations, horror stories and surprises.

To be honest it is in good shape, no body rot, a few very small dents and scratches from bags and shopping trolleys ? no welding needed other than the captive nuts inside the rear subframe, clean inside and out, main work was on suspension and brakes and re-undersealing it.

Watch this space.
I was playing around with Toaf yesterday, putting back all the things that my T4 had robbed when it reset everything to standard. Things like digital speedo, rear defroster auto disabled. My electric blind has suddenly stopped operating and I thought it was because of the T4 reset but Russ & Trikey say no. Just about anything in the car can be activated with Toaf, eg fuel pump relay, rear windows
but not apparently the rear blind.

Isn't it the same with the rear window switch, Toaf can activate the switch remotely, just like the windows, VIS motors etc but that doesn't necessarily mean there was ever a physical switch. Or check if any BMWs had a remote switch.

Good luck
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote