View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2021, 20:44   #9
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by aflynn View Post
Good Evening all, I hope this message finds you well.

Ever since I have owned my ZT, It has always had an unsteady idle no matter what the conditions were. As well as this, it seems to have fairly poor MPG averaging around 24MPG with town driving, I don't know whether that's good or not. As well as this issue, the gearbox seems very stiff and especially in this bad weather, 1st and 2nd take quite some force to get them in, though once the car has warmed up it's manageable but not quite butter smooth on the changes. Anyway, I have tried changing the spark plugs, HT leads and Coil packs to remedy the rough idle, but that hasn't seemed to cure the problem. My only guess would be some sort of air issue, intake manifold maybe or fuel injectors? I have attached a video of the idling showing the rev needle; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUt9hIcou70
I get 27-28 on urban travel - 30-31 on motorway travel - when i had a failing crank sensor it dropped to 20-22 - try swopping out the crank sensor - when i did it the MPG jumped up to the figures above and while you are at it sheath the crank wiring with heat resistant cable as it is too close to the turbo and heat damage can short the Crank wiring and goose your ECU.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.

Last edited by Yorkshire GOC; 2nd December 2021 at 20:47..
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote