View Single Post
Old 17th October 2020, 23:31   #4
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Depends how far you want to go with it.

I have seen superb re-spays for 2k, and some really bad ones for twice that amount. You need to shop about and see work they have done.

Just a few months ago while having some accident damage sorted on our other car, I asked him to look at my Rover with a few to having the paint sorted. It's pretty good, but has some lacquer damage here and there. I suggested a re-spray of the bottom half, up to the chrome trim. He quoted an unbelievable £450. If it turned out as good as the car we had fixed it would be quite passable if I was having the whole car done. If he was only doing the bottom half of the car, it wouldn't be quite on par with the Rover finish on the top half and would be noticeable.

The problem with re-sprays is we expect total perfection, far far better than the original finish! just take a look at the paint of most newish cars, the orange peel is very noticeable on most of them. If you paid for a re-spray and you saw orange peel you would be very disapointed, but it you bought a brand new car costing £££ and it had orange peel, you would except it.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s

Last edited by Mike Trident; 17th October 2020 at 23:53..
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote