View Single Post
Old 27th March 2024, 11:15   #5
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
Yes not too bad a price i suppose, 4 miles away !! What i am looking for is an independent recovery only service. I suppose that other than a local garage recovery service in the area ,that you break down, i would struggle to get nationwide coverage anyway. I understand that the breakdown recovery people with the big companies would take your car and you home , if out of garage working hours,or would they insist on to a repair garage only ? It seems that they make the decision ? ...

The decision is based on the terms of your policy. In my experience on two occasion over the last 10+ years, I have used the National Recovery feature of my contract to get the car to a destination of my choice without any problems.

No breakdown company is going to sell you a national recovery service on its own - it would make no sense for the breakdown insurance to take your car say 250 miles if it can be diagnosed and fixed by their operator by the roadside in 15 minutes. Your only option of an "independent" recovery service that does what you want would be to have a breakdown recovery money box at home and to put each year's premium ampunt in it for when needed.