View Single Post
Old 1st February 2022, 09:26   #7
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

If needed you can actually partition the drive in a Mac so you can have Mac OS on 1 part and windows on the other. I did this for a time, but rarely used the windows partition so deleted it and had it all back for Mac OS.

Personally I prefer the laptops. In reality I could easily just use a MacBook air, around £900 and then add a bigger SSD and it'd do everything I need, so if your use is similar that would probably do. My wife is a teacher and uses her MacBook air every day, she's got all her lessons and resources stored on there, plus all her own personal stuff, music, photos, general browsing. It's her 1st Mac, she got it last September and she's really happy with it. It runs silently as there are no moving parts in it at all, and the battery will last a full day of teaching, and evening of work, and still have power left for the next day.

My dad has gone a slightly different route, much the same use as me, except he also uses it for films. He's got a mac mini connected up directly to his TV with a good set of computer speakers, and uses it with a wireless keyboard and track pad.

Best thing to do if/when you are thinking of buying, is go in to the nearest apple store and try them all. The iMac's look great, but for me I like the ability to move from room to room.

My only issue with Apple is their insistence on forcing new port types people with new models, and then charging a small fortune for an adapter. My MacBook pro is old enough to still have 2x standard USB ports, 2x Thunderbolt ports, 1x SD card slot, and HDMI port, plus I like the Magsafe charger connector as if someone trips on it, it simply pops off with no damage. My wife's MacBook air has just 2x USB 4 ports, and she had to pay £75 to get an adapter to convert 1 USB-4 to HDMI and USB-A.

It's very old, but I do have a Mac mini in the garage, not even sure if it works, but you could have a play with that if you want, I doubt I'll ever use it now.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote