View Single Post
Old 17th April 2024, 15:10   #156
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Just home from my 3 camera procedure at Liskeard Hospital. Not a very pleasant experience. Marion dropped me off at 06.45. The hospital said they would phone her when it was time to collect me.

Had to change into a hospital gown. Then sit on a commode whilst is was given a laxative as I needed to be completely empty. Not a very pleasant experience. Took about 20 minutes to work. And they wanted 3 samples. First to come out, then another one followed by when it stopped flowing, the last one. I had a bottle to wee in at the same time, as they needed a sample.

Wipe lightly as it would be uncomfortable. Then up onto the bed and lay at an angle allowing for the ankle to be comfortable. A nurse put a pillow between my ankles. Then she set about making sure I was totally clean. And some cream applied. Did I want to watch on the screen as the camera was inserted? Not really I replied.

Once that was completed, then camera down the one eyed trouser snake to check out my bladder. Once that was done I was given a cup of black tea and biscuit. And left for about an hour. They had brought a clean commode in should I feel I needed to go again. Not to worry if it was runny. Not sure if I needed to use it but best to be safe than sorry. But no paper to hand, I had to wait till the nurse came back in. Then I had to wait whilst she went and got another roll.

Back into bed and laying at an angle again, but this time I had a blanket covering me. Then given a sedative, the rubber block put between my teeth and in went camera no.3. Made me feel sick, tried not to gag. Took two attempts to get the camera down.

Next thing I knew was that Marion was sitting there. Ok sleepy head? Time to get dressed and home. The results would be given to my doctor and he would then phone me. Given a tube of cream to apply to my bottom every night till all used up. Be about a week before my system would be back to normal. Don’t go out unless you really need to. As you may have a lot of wind to pass and it might not all be just wind. Also given a sheet of paper with what to look for in future when sitting on the loo. There is some funny looking photos till I realised what they were photos of. Poo.

Home now and feeling hungry and thirsty.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote