View Single Post
Old 29th October 2011, 16:14   #5
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Electrical problems

Dear all,

thanks for the replies I got re the sparky problems my new conny is displaying.

I tried taking out the 6 way control connector to the FBH and the car displayed a few more strange things after, rather than being any better.

As it was raining I am inclined to check for loom damage, although I would have thought shorting would have taken out at least one of the fuses, which are in fact, all sound.

Most striking of the new strange things was that I took out the FBH connector, left the car for a few hours, and whne I came back, the auot wipers were working.

I then noticed that I had left the control stalk in the first position, but the ignition key was out - however, the car did not mind as the lower disply of the IPK was cheeerily lit up showing mileage etc!

When I tried to lock the car, it gave a beep and refused to operate the locks.

When I got home, the display went out, the car locked, but after 5 minutes, the alarm went off, and the display was back on.

The display is now off, and the locks and alarm working.

I might have got further with the car, but I got a bug and spent Friday in bed, so forgive the late reply.

I will now try to get a radio code for the car and do the battery reset as advised by all you knowlegable owners out there and report back.

Best regards, Frank
frankgoldstar is offline   Reply With Quote