View Single Post
Old 29th October 2021, 15:25   #24
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Update on the clutch situation. I bit the bullet (again!) and had a new 3 piece Luk clutch fitted and "Hey Presto", I have a smooth gearchange and a light clutch pedal again. The pressure plate fingers appeared flattened and uneven, with a visible groove from the bearing. The bearing was dry and had end play too, with "rust dust" all over it. The driven plate wasn't in too bad a condition for a nine year old clutch (48k). I will inform the garage but I don't expect any joy as they had two previous chances to fix it before I bought it and didn't! Life is too short for hassle but I'll give them a chance as I haven't left a review for them yet!!!

We have a tennis match of letters, claims and counter claims going on at present. I'll keep all informed. Too complicated to detail all the stuff but basically they say that I should have got them to do it under "warranty"! Yeah, right. They buy cars at auction, spend nothing on them and expect the customer to pay for any repairs needed! From me .....Sale of goods act - unfit for purpose etc! etc! Laters!