View Single Post
Old 25th July 2013, 17:46   #55
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Really interesting thread, thanks chaps. I read the old air intake modification threads with interest when they were all the rage, but I would never leave an intake in a hot engine bay: I did not ever modify mine (although I planned, and may still do an intake system via a cold air plenum in the nearside wing).

However, if Russ and Brian have optimised a map with a completely standard intake, well I think this has to be the best stealth modification hasn't it? The engine bay will look better for it!

In an ideal world where I had the money, I would go for a ported head, warmer cams, a better exhaust manifold, de-cat, an up-graded turbo and a larger intercooler. That would, however, be a lot of money, and goodness knows what the knock-on effect that would have on transmission and engine internals if it all worked!

160bhp seems like a sensible target, with sensible torque levels and achieved with minimal other modifications. The question of mechanical longevity arises, but I am sure that this information will become available as owners accumilate the miles.

So I am really tempted. Anyone got a How-to on removing the old ECU and fitting one of Brian and Russ's exchange items?
Rob Bell is offline   Reply With Quote