Old 11th December 2020, 07:19   #47
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default The flap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Do you mean the flap and its housing unit will come out without taking the heater out and without taking the dashboard apart?

You haven't got any pics have you?

Edit (I just found this).

There are some pics of heater assembly JEC102683 in this eBay advert.

The 1st & 2nd pics from the left show the rectangular plastic duct that I can see from the engine bay. The flap must be that grey speckled thing I can see through the first column of 4 holes in the 12-hole grille on the left side of the assembly (1st pic). The hinge must be the thin vertical rod operated by the metal thing with the white grease on it.

Are the 4 screws you mentioned visible in the 1st & 2nd pics?

Edit 2

I wonder if the vertical rod could be withdrawn downwards if I took the small screw out - the one that locks it to the thing with the white grease on? If so it might release the flap from the hinge and I might be able to slide the flap forward into the LH plenum.
It's controlled by the motor on the housing, the screws are on the four corners of the housing and it should come off without taking the heater box. I suggest you get a small light up there and then take some pictures with your phone/camera to see the screws, you can then do it by touch when you know where they are.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote