Thread: Boat relocating
View Single Post
Old 28th October 2023, 12:07   #21
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Thanks Pete.

I'm going to miss Norfolk but hope to spend more time on the boat when she's nearer to home.
Don't know Titchmarsh Marina, but in the 1960's we used to holiday on an 85 foot MTB (innards removed - non-sea going!) which was moored at the Walton-on Naze Yacht Club. Owned by a friend of my Grandfather, it had a motor boat, rowing boat, private beach hut on the seafront, and a garage built up on a slope which avoided having to drain the cars each time the tide came over the road (several times a month I believe) all available in the package! The Club steward used to open the doors of many cars to let the water out when the owners were on longer sailing trips.

Loved Walton, but guess it has changed much. I was only a teenager. Have never been back, but have followed your mooring plans with interest, and might even visit one day to re-acquaint myself with my sister. Parents and Grandparents long since departed. Happy days.

Safe trip.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote