View Single Post
Old 12th July 2021, 10:18   #546
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool We have news from England..................................

.................................. Good and not so good.

The reasonably good news is that Roger and family are here in London, but might be deported back to Brazil. I only have the news through a third party so it's unclear what is going on. I have made no attempt to contact him.
Elizabeth is making steady progress in the recovery, and the house which was her Dad's is on the market to be sold. I have spoken to her in short phone call as her breathing is none too good. Still small steps lead to bigger one's.

The other bit of good news is that Michael is starting to drive again, 3 months after breaking his ankle. He is finally getting something done about his house, before it falls down. Only been 15 years since he was first told that it needed work. And he is looking forward to coming down to me next month. We were last together in September 2019.

The not so good news is that Michael's daughter Laura has been diagnosed with ME. She already has a brain illness which only effects the female side of the family. Coupled with this her and her boyfriend are now living apart. He has gone back to live with his Mum as he is depressed. Seems he has suffered with depression for a number of years. Which is no help to Laura. She is staying at the flat till the lease runs out in September, then she will move back to her Dad's.

My news is all good. Bumper crop of strawberries from the plants I brought down from Essex, over 3 years ago. I have been giving tubs of strawberries away. And I have orders for the strawberry plants. I'm in the process of potting the "leaders" off.
When I first moved down I brought a potted lily with me. When it flowered in Essex the flowers were a vibrant colour of Red. My first year in Cornwall it never flowered. Once I had moved into the new house I re-planted in the garden.

The lily plant has grown to nearly 3 foot tall and has given me 14 flowers in the most delicate shade of Pink. Different acids in the soil has altered the colours. From tip to tip the petals measure 8 inches across..
I have had people knocking on my front door complimenting me on my colourful front garden. Makes me feel really proud.
The back garden is just a sea of colour, which cheers me up no end.

Last Friday I travelled up to Weymouth to meet up with the "old folk" aka Ian & Jan. As Ian is thinking of selling the "Sprout" off, he is getting rid of the spares he has put together over the last few years. I have bought most of the bits. I was well chuffed when Ian also offered two rare poster prints plus a model of a Morris Minor. The real car took part in the London-Peking rally.
I never give up on a good deal so I bought the lot, best 19/4d spent.
Plus Ian had baked me a loaf of bread to bring home. And I was given a raspberry plant to bring home.

Jan kept me supplied with tea and Norfolk shortbread biscuits plus a nice piece of fruit cake. They are both keeping well. Their bungalow is really nice and looks so much better since Ian has carried out a lot of work himself.
It was soon time for me to leave, so with the Bear fully loaded up we said our goodbyes I was off.
Needed Bear juice in the local Esso garage then headed home. All good till I hit the A30 at Honiton. It was shut owing to a Police incident. So I followed the crowd, I had no idea where I was headed.

Eventually I became the lead car as those in front had either turned off or had shot ahead. In unfamiliar roads I have a tendency to take it easy. Came to a "T" junction and I turned left, and the following cars came with me. And the good news was I was on the A373 and heading towards Cullompton and the M5.
Once on the M5 it was best described as a spirited drive home, Warp Factor 3 and a bit where applicable was on the cards. Not much passed us.
Home by 8pm. Car unloaded in the rain. Phoned Ian to let him know I was home and thanked him for everything.

Because of the rain over the last two weeks Banana is still not fixed. The weather is finally looking good from tomorrow onwards. Matt will be down tomorrow to get ole Yella fixed. If not the she will have to be trailered up to Dave Lincs to get sorted. I really miss driving Banana, she means so much to me. And a well loved car judging by the pm's and text messages I have received.

Hoping the next news we receive from Fiona about RPWC is good news. I don't like to phone or text at this very trying time for her and family. He is in my prayers.

One last piece of Good News is that the last time I felt this Happy was on the 28th August 1993, when I married my Val.

Keep Safe, meet up real soon.

233,603. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote