View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2021, 16:33   #5
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
So last Monday I had cause to ring 111, the not as emergency as 999, but medical advice sought. Ring the number and " If you need covid advice, go to www. I'm stupid and don't know where to find covid advice.com" press 2 to continue.
2......Covid vaccination advice can be found at (see above) press 2 to continue
2.... If you or any of your family have returned from abroad and are showing symptoms of covid ie cough, loss off smell, taste, ( some say I lost that years ago) then go to see above, press 2
2.... covid affects people in different ways, please contact your GP, to speak to someone, press 2 (ah ha)
2..... All our advisors are busy, in the meantime, if you need advice on vaccinations aaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhh
I could be lying on the bathroom floor bleeding profusely by now If I want covid advice I'll look on Facebook or car forums
This is in no way a criticism of NHS staff etc, just the way covid seems to be the be all & end all of everything
I'm going for a lie down now, I may be some time

I can understand your frustration and would feel the same way if I needed the service. The trouble is, the 'menu' you had to go through probably reflects the fact that the majority of 111 calls being received at the moment are covid related - and most likely from people who are either too intellectually challenged or just too bleedin' lazy to find for themselves one of the many gov and NHS websites that have all the information anyone could possibly want.

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote