View Single Post
Old 26th February 2021, 09:11   #9
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
So last Monday I had cause to ring 111, the not as emergency as 999, but medical advice sought. Ring the number and " If you need covid advice, go to www. I'm stupid and don't know where to find covid advice.com" press 2 to continue.
2......Covid vaccination advice can be found at (see above) press 2 to continue
2.... If you or any of your family have returned from abroad and are showing symptoms of covid ie cough, loss off smell, taste, ( some say I lost that years ago) then go to see above, press 2
2.... covid affects people in different ways, please contact your GP, to speak to someone, press 2 (ah ha)
2..... All our advisors are busy, in the meantime, if you need advice on vaccinations aaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhh
I could be lying on the bathroom floor bleeding profusely by now If I want covid advice I'll look on Facebook or car forums
This is in no way a criticism of NHS staff etc, just the way covid seems to be the be all & end all of everything
I'm going for a lie down now, I may be some time
The call center is staffed and run by an agency of a quango. When initially set-up the criticism was that the staff fielding the call did not have the knowledge necessary and a crib sheet was inadequate.

Supposedly, the set-up was trying to get qualified people to participate but with this pandemic there are not enough people or time to go-around.

This "press 2" squaring of the circle is employed at the majority of organisations now and is designed to deflect anything and everything!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote