View Single Post
Old 10th November 2019, 00:03   #9
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff130 View Post
I recently bought a cdti to save it from the scrapyard and while fixing MOT failures ( brake pads, discs, handbrake, rear jacking point and number plate lights) I also fitted a new air filter, viton O rings, silicone intercooler hose from Jules, cleaned the EGR and intake manifold, oil and filter and fitted the correct fan with new brushes. It's now passed it's MOT and pulls well up to 3000 RPM then it struggles to rev any more. Is this normal for a diesel? I've had the 1.8 and still have my ZT190 so can't really compare it with the others.
No it is not normal, mine is an auto, and will happily rev to the red line whilst in sport mode (it is not a pleasant experience to me, as I consider myself mechanically sympathetic, so rarely use the sport mode).

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Could be a dodgy MAF sensor.
^^^^^^^^^ this would be my first port of call. Try unplugging the MAF, and see if this improves the response, and if it does, then a replacement (Bosch only, do not be tempted with cheaper alternatives - BMW M5 V10 uses the same insert and is normally quite a bit cheaper, carefully swap between the housings)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote