Thread: Pre Fuel supply
View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2019, 14:29   #18
Reebmit
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Con SE CDTi, 205 GTi 1.9 (x 2), 205 CTi 1.9, 205 GTi Mi16, Ford C-Max 2.0 TDCi Ghia, MR2 GT

I am now tempted to give the old girl another chance and bite the bullet and get a PF Jones reconditioned HP pump. Originally my car ran perfectly except that as soon as the cold weather started almost to the day it started the non starting or should I say turning over for about 1 min before it would start syndrome. There was a leak from the HP pump when it was cold weather and a pool of diesel under front on drive.
So I removed the pump and fitted new seals then refitted. It started okay after it primed itself but then the above scenario unfolded....
so my thinking is it must be the HP pump..... anyone agree with me? Brian.... with all your experience on all things 75 would you agree? Haha.... this really is last attempt and if all fails will sell off all the new bits I’ve bought! Shame as I have had 75’s for 11 or 12 years now! I have replaced all the rear suspension arms, shocks, etc..... so it not a bad car!

Reebmit is offline   Reply With Quote