View Single Post
Old 20th October 2012, 18:00   #25
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Default windows is superior for a number of reasons.......

Yes of course it is. Windows gives you hours of software trials and a greater understanding of the individual components that make up a machine that is more often than not a random collection of parts which should work together but often don't.

You then get to find out about viruses, malware, freezing, restarts etc but if you want a machine that will just work and past the test of time then choose a manufacturer that has control not only of the hardware but also the software.

Sure some people enjoy carrying around a brick of a machine with a battery life of minutes and a screen which makes you wonder where the focus control is .... but like most things in life you get what you pay for.

My stationary G5 is old but still quite capable and in daily use, any Windows machine of a similar age would.... well are there any still functional?

My Macbook Air (13" 1.7 i5 SSD) was very expensive but then again I have dual boot (but hardly used) and considering the thing weighs less than 1.5kg it's ideal when you are on the move. Best of both worlds really depending on in which you'd rather be at that given time.

If Gatekeeper wants to use a specific Windows programme then he can do, if he wants to use anything Internet based then back to OSX for safety.

Simple choice

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote