This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Yes of course it is.

Simple choice

Regards
Glad you agree.

Windows doesnt have trial software at all. Windows is at least as stable as OSX, probably more so. Viruses are a user issue and macs can get them to. Safari has holes in it a mile wide. iTunes is the work of the devil.

My laptop has 10 hour battery life and delivers it.

Windows gets a bad wrap because its freely installable on any hardware, a bit like Android. Sure there are some terrible devices out there, but the best are just as good as anything Apple has. Apple doesnt sell at the low end.

Here is an example using Android. I have a friend who bought a cheap chinese Android and it was rubbish, so she bought an iPhone. She then declared Android as rubbish. Needless to say Her iPhone wasnt 100% perfect and caused issues so when her contract was up I gave her my old Galaxy S2 to use for a while to show her that it wasnt Androids fault, it was the cheap device she had. She now has a Galaxy S3, which she loves.

Its no different with PCs. There are bad ones out there, but there are some very very good ones to, ones that run far more software than any mac, cost less and are more reliable.

Another major issue i have with Macs is the 'i' thing. Every program called iSomething drives me mad. If you want to make a word really awkward and ugly to say put an 'i' in front of it.

In Gate Keepers case, since he already has a Mac, its probably better to dual boot or use some sort of virtual shell, but the best option overall is never to buy an Apple device in the first place.