Thread: Fan problem?
View Single Post
Old 9th March 2021, 00:43   #9
AndrewJames
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
As above having a proper working fan will aid the air conditioning to be really cool, as the low speed works in conjunction with the air con, i doubt you will ever get the temp high enough for the high speed to kick in unless we have a super super hot summer and you are towing a caravan up a step climb, or stuck in traffic for ages.

Having said that we all now it is always best to have a fully working part do as it was meant to do, so personally i would fix it.

Remember 9 times out of 10 when the low speed fails on a four wire three speed fan it takes the medium speed with it, leaving only the high speed, that is if it caught early other wise all speeds could be not working, you will only know once the fan is opened up.
Thanks for your input, Arctic. I feel the same way about preferring things to work as they should and this will bug me slightly but with the current restrictions I am not putting the car under a lot of strain and don't need the AC given the season.

While I wait for the restrictions to ease I can spend time reading more about everything involved and decide if I'm up for trying to fix it...or I can wait for the restrictions to ease so I can rope someone into helping me fix it haha.
AndrewJames is offline   Reply With Quote