View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2019, 08:11   #9
robbrooks
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT,160 remap: owner since new in December 2002: Mileage: June22 143,000

Given the cost of replacing and the comments that I have received here, my plan is to re-furbish: Aquaseal - used on ship decks and oil rigs!!!
I gave the undersides the MOT test a good poke with a sharp screwdriver! They are solid! It's comforting that you all agree with a good- rust descale. I've got the car on axle stands right now and I'm going to spend some time cleaning up, before thoroughly treating. During my inspection I found that the fuel tank straps are badly corroded too. Good job I'm onto it now, or this could have been another expense and a possible reason not to go Dutch in the vehicle with the Rover crowd next month!
I will post pictures of the project once complete. Before and after! Also I have every reason to keep this Rover looking good and roadworthy as I am the original owner from December 2002. She had 4 miles on the clock when I bought her for £14500 from JCT600 in Wakefield. A pre-registered !!

Last edited by robbrooks; 23rd August 2019 at 08:29.. Reason: more info
robbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote