View Single Post
Old 9th January 2024, 14:38   #23
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
The PO's main thrust was that "you're the only one" but there was, and maybe still is, a Federation of Sub Postmasters. They should have been collecting complaints and circulating, BUT here's the rub, the Fed was entirely in the pockets of the PO and were not remotely independent. If they had been doing their job then surely this would have been quickly nipped in the bud years before it got out of hand?

I see the press are all for removing her CBE! That's an irrelevant bauble: we want to see her in the dock and then in an appropriate place. Together with her predecessor Adam Crozier, another overpaid CEO, who was probably instrumental in starting this mayhem. And pops up on all sorts of other PLCs.

Can't wait for The Revolution . . .
Spot on. The Fed rep in one of the series is shown going into Fujitsu and seeing the "covert" staff altering the figures. He then found himself being one of the "found to have shortfalls" and thus eliminated from any Federation action. I don't know under what articles the Federation was formed but it sounds like they should have appointed a full time officer who was not a Sub-postmaster.

Totally agree that there should be criminal charges brought against quite a few who work for the Post Office and Fujitsu. In America (and once upon a time in England) this behaviour would have been called conspiracy to defraud.
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote