This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenonix View Post
100....Nice and quiet
Demist... Much higher/ noisier....
Oh, that's interesting.
There's clearly an underlying aircon issue since when running normally trips the lower speed (Speed 1 as I prefer with 2-speed fans). Your earlier results (before the resistor fix) indicated the same thing. Over-pressure and the under-performance of the aircon's cooling points to poor condensation. That's typically by loss of the fins on the matrix or physical blockage of the airflow.
An extreme case.

However, if we assume that with your aircon operating normally, fan Speed 1 would be tripped on and both tests would give the same result.

The 106C trip point fan speed is the next question. You noted that before the resistor fix, the 106C fan was 'very loud', which 'stopped' at 102/103C - and it then cooled to 97C. Clearly, the loud noise stopped but not the fan itself.

The conclusion I draw from this observation is that Speed 1 covers the 'Low' speed duty of the old system and Speed 2 covers the 'Medium' and 'High' speed duties. This contrasts with Jules' data on the 2-speed diesel system, where Speed 1 operates over the 'Low' and 'Medium' speed duties. If that's so, there's still a complication to explain. Of course a few more examples to provide more results would help with that.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote