View Single Post
Old 11th September 2021, 11:41   #22
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I must be in the minority, I absolutely love my 75 and it is looked after with no expense spared but it’s a 16 year old car and it drives that way. The tech in its day was pretty good thanks to BMW but dated by comparison. I have an almost 2 year old IONQ and I use that at every opportunity as no 75 drives as nice as it does and this is a fact unfortunately. Regarding technology advancements, yes they have issues but that’s like saying your tv has more to go wrong than your radio So we should of stuck with radios, it’s progress!
I was driving up the M6 recently and the cars adaptive braking slowed me down this was due to the car two in front braking harder than expected and nobody’s reaction time is that good, it certainly wasn’t for the car in front. I get that we all love the 75 but they rent in the same league as newer cars.
I’m currently in the market for another TF as I want convertible motoring but instead of enjoying the search it fills me with dread as it’s an old car

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 11th September 2021 at 11:45.. Reason: Spelling
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote