View Single Post
Old 12th September 2021, 17:13   #24
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default £1035

I've posted this before, but I've recently had the water pump and belts replaced on my 2.5 V6 - unfortunately the increased pressure from the new pump (or something) proved too much for the radiator and I had to have a new one - total cost = £1035. There have been a few people (obviously not on this forum) that have questioned the legitimacy of spending money on such an old car...
1,Now here's the thing... I think that If you are going to tool around in old cars then new timing belts are more or less a service item
2, I am vaguely spanner-competent and therefore I have been able to do most of the jobs that needed doing on my car myself
The car 'only' cost £1500 in the first place and so I don't have any monthly payments to meet/loans to finance/ lease agreements to satisfy (and the car is mine)
3, Parts are easy to source (either new or second-hand) and prices are reasonable
4, I did lots of work on the car during the various lock-downs and this definitely gave me a positive focus during troubled times
5, I really, really, really like driving my Rover and it actually makes even driving to work a pleasure
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote