View Single Post
Old 15th October 2021, 11:20   #5
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Must admit mentioning Rodger's was a bit of a long short, but who knows, sometimes it's the case of finding the right person who is willing to help. And yes it's not Plymstock way, but towards Brixton, remember now, used to go out that way a lot as my uncle/aunt owned the Volunteer in Yealmpton.

Stevestrat is quite right to recommend caution when using Toaf, but the same could be said of any diagnostic tool with the ability to write or change settings. Simple answer is don't, until you're sure of what you're doing and make a back-up first. So use only in read mode ie don't be tempted to change something and hit the "save" button. Sadly there's no real user's guide, a partial, but everything is quite simple, otherwise ask.

Very easy to check ABS & SRS but if you have the later Autoliv system (2003ish onwards) you'll need the small additional SRS file and Windows Vista or higher. There's also a new Android mobile Toaf app.

Good luck

ps. Sorry didn’t answer the question about “have I used Toaf” - since it came out in April 2016, regularly use it helping local owners, take it to a yearly meet down Stockholm way and am usually very busy for a couple of hours checking cars. I’ve also got a T4, and thanks to forum assistance it’s working, mobile except for the need for mains power, but Toaf is by far my diagnostic system of choice for everyday problems

Last edited by vitesse; 15th October 2021 at 11:33.. Reason: Additional info
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote