View Single Post
Old 15th October 2021, 12:11   #9
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by exforces View Post
I do find myself in an unsustainable situation. The car is our only car and is required daily. Problems are occurring relatively frequently and so I have to get help to diagnose the problem, when that’s done find the part, wait for the part, wait for the garage to fit me in, schedule the garage appointment into our busy lives and do without a car for the time it is in the garage. Every breakdown is few days of headache and it’s getting worse as the car gets older. If I lived with a mechanic and had access to another car, all would be well.
That's a tough position to be in. Mind you, it's a good reason to get a motorcycle - you know, for emergency use .

Seriously, the time has come to get your car to the closest member here to you with a T4 or TOAF to properly read the codes. Someone who actually KNOWS these cars as opposed to someone or someplace who don't see more than 2 or 3 of them a year (figuratively speaking). The other OBD2 scanners may work somewhat, but really aren't compatible. Let whoever that is troubleshoot whether it is the solenoid, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator or HPFP. Then let them get a good used replacement from Mickeyboy, install it and continue on happy motoring.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote