View Single Post
Old 15th October 2021, 12:25   #6
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Thanks for TOAF info, I've ordered a cable and will give it a go.

Rodgers MG have phoned to tell me they have a generic diagnostic tester which will only go so deep. And also an older laptop left from the MGRover days, which he couldn't be sure if it even worked anymore, may possibly be able to be used. For this I'd be invoiced the sum of £ 112.80.

I'm more than likely to take a trip to Newton Abbott, as they have the right kit and do know a lot. Hopefully they have the spares needed too.

Rodgers at Brixton sold my Dad his Kia Ceed 12 years ago, one of the first cars with the 7 year warranty. Bit pricey on servicing, but got his moneys worth on warranty replacements.
Interestingly he got it on the scrappaged deal for his M reg Rover 418TD, which I had to tow there with my van as the turbo had blown up. We parked about 50 yards away, he briefly started it drove into the yard and stalled it to halt As under scrappage terms it had to be driven in

I'm off to polish the van headlights as it failed MOT yesterday for being too opaque to test. As well as needing couple new tyres, I was loathe to buy before the test fearing the worst, all is not bad for a 16 year old Combo.

Hope that is replicated in a fortnight with an 18 year old Rover.
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote