View Single Post
Old 16th October 2021, 10:29   #31
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Could you clarify for me how old the younger generation are?
I thought Boris "won" a general election.
I thought the vote for Brexit was taken before Boris was pm.

macafee2
Do you seriously need clarification of what constitutes the younger generation? I am sure there is an definition somewhere, that is not the point, a society which is incapable to consider the well being of its people is doomed to failure and decline, it may take a long time but it will happen.
We need leadership, and statesmanship from our elected representatives, we need urgently a full reappraisal of the needs of all the people of this nation, good quality affordable housing is essential, and needs to be addressed NOW, I am saying that all governments have ignored the problem of poor housing, not fit for human habitation, and the spiraling cost of what is available, made worse by the inability to coordinate a policy which allows for the building of much needed housing.
I am saying that there is a complete lack of interest in resolving this problem by the present government because of conflict with landowners who fund it, and because an inflated housing market props up the failing economy.

Personally, if I were a young man, with two university degrees in my pocket, and a professional career in the making, I would be looking elsewhere for my living, not the UK, I wouldn't like it but I would still do it.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote