Thread: Trolley Jack
View Single Post
Old 17th October 2021, 08:03   #44
TourerSteve
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I did not consider it an argument at all. I do enjoy the exchange of views and thrashing out the detail. Perhaps I am just a little sad like that!
Obviously I didn't either
Quote:
Originally Posted by TourerSteve View Post
Please would you be good enough to explain how you have come to the conclusion that the trolley jack will only be used to lift a 1530 kg car
Had a day away yesterday so missed the fun
but will add a bit now . As seen, trolley jacks come in all shapes and sizes but certain attributes determine their effectiveness
1, height of lowered jack pad
1, The amount of lift the can achieve ,
2, The jack pad, cup its self , (foot print )
3, the jack weight and footprint (stability)
4, While smaller jacks will adequately lift the car larger jacks tend to make easier work of it due to % capacity ,

Interesting to note that most recommendation's on here are for 3 tonne jacks , but I think that is probably seen as a size of trolley jack that will suit all car based vehicles needs

Personally I have 2tonne, 2,25 high lift and a 3 tonne jack either in my car boots or inside my garage but preference is to use the 3t jack as it covers all the above points most effectively and if buying just one jack , why not buy the one that suits all needs

The you quoted the ramps to me , a A nice piece of kit , even at even at 0 .9t they have a combined axle lifting of 1.8 T

Interestingly you mentioned kerb weight , We have at least two cars in the family that are approaching 2 tonne , and I think this trend is going to continue as more cars are manufactured with battery packs

Last edited by TourerSteve; 17th October 2021 at 08:12..
TourerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote