View Single Post
Old 14th October 2018, 17:50   #1
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts
Default Grovey in the wars almost lost her

Not many know but 4 weeks ago grovey was hit whilst in a car park by a drunken female who drove off without stopping,we were in the carvery just about to leave when this lovely couple came and asked if anyone owned a nice shine orange,that was enough for me yes I said,they explained what they saw and off we trotted to survey the damage,well I was empty inside,n/s wing bumper and bonnet damaged,along with headlight scratched,I rang the police to which they deployed the troops to catch her as they did,after she’d hit four more vehicles on route to her abode,from being arrested at 11,20pm fri night she was breathalyser sat at 1pm to be found over the dad limit still,so she did admit liability as I had witnesses etc,so on Sunday I was given a brand new 92 mile old bmw 318i tourer 1.5 turbo petrol in white,very nice but not my grovey,Tuesday morning came and so did repair company who was very surprised on condition and colour of her,after a few good stern words from me she was loaded and on her way,with a signed bit of paper saying she will not be released unless it’s to me under no uncertain terms was I going to lose her,three days later their loss adjuster told me she was beyond economical repair,my heart sank,I just had to sit and wait,all weekend like a cat on a hot tin roof,Monday came then so did the insurers engineers,well after I told him she wasn’t being written off we came to an agreement of cash to fix her and her back at no charge,well I could’ve hugged him if he was in the room and he told me he wasn’t looking forward to settling as he thaught I was gonna be harder work than what I was,so she goes in on this fri 20th for 5-7 days then home cleaned as much as I can for the nec which hopefully she will make,so the moral to my story is stand by your decision and stand up for what you want,I hope it hasn’t bored you but I’m so happy to be part of this forum and share a positive insurance story cheers