View Single Post
Old 6th May 2017, 20:41   #19
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
The people concerned took on what was probably the biggest management challenge in UK corporate history and made a go of it for a number of years. They did this without any support from the government or politicians and very little from the buying public.

They provided jobs for a large number of people over a number of years.

Personally, I feel that as an MGR enthusiasts club we should be upholding them in high esteem.
I've got to admit that hat I've never read the report, I will at some point but I never have long enough to just do nothing else. The Phoenix Four took on a job that BMW couldn't do with an almost unlimited budget, they had to let MGR go before it damaged the BMW brand due to the huge losses. The Phoenix Four kept people employed for a further 5 years and produced the Z range.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote