View Single Post
Old 12th January 2022, 15:41   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
You cite (post 7) just one you think has a 'don't care attitude' and that it could possibly imply a reference to all. I commented on your 'attitudes'.

You appear, at least to my reading of the relevant post, to believe there is widespread 'don't care about fellow man' attitudes among the approx 8 million non-vaccinated people. Is that all of them or a percentage?

If I misunderstood your emphasis - my bad! That particular interpretation is just one facet of the gradually increasing efforts to denigrate and isolate the substantial number of fellow citizens who have a different point of view.

That's a serious road to travel and could amount to misrepresentation of our 'fellow man'. These 'assumptions' grow rapidly and should be challenged to avoid the depiction of our fellow men.

As I said, if that was my misunderstanding, my bad!
with a smile, yes your bad.
If there are 8 million unvaccinated my comment was not directed at all 8 million. It was not even directed at 2 people but directed to anyone that knowing they have covid or in deed any other infection such as Norovirus and would still mix with others and perhaps infect them and in the case of covid, be them vaccinated or not.

Putting covid to one side there is a fair bit of "I don't care about others" in this world, fortunately there is an awful lot of caring for others, the RNLI is one example of caring for others.

My posts in one or more threads have said that I do not agree with unvaccinated carers losing their jobs and that I think Ikea are wrong to reduce sick pay for unvaccinated staff that are isolating. see I'm caring about others

I ask again, why should Ikea or any employer be inconvenienced by staff being off sick because they have not been vaccinated and now have covid?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote