View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2018, 15:32   #29
janker
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon & MGZT 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
That's what I like to hear Julian!

Buy the brushes from Engineering Carbon Products Ltd. in Croydon. Ignore the reference to "heater"; it's an error which unfortunately they haven't corrected. They are in fact for the radiator fan. Club member Greeners introduced me to this company who created their product using one of my old brushes as a pattern, so you can be sure that they are exactly right for the job. You'll find similar on e-bay but from an unknown source. These are best avoided. Some members have tried them and find that they only last five minutes.

Club member Arctic has posted an excellent pictorial guide for this repair which you should find useful.

Just one tip from me. When removing the motor end cap, be careful not to grip the body too tightly in the vice. The permanent magnets are made from a composite material which is brittle.

Let us know how you get on.

Simon
Hi Simon
Thanks for the link to the Brushes,I havent quite got that far yet as i have been doing some tests on the car first to make sure it was deffo motor before i did anymore.
I removed all the front of car to axcess the Fan control box and all looked like new inside no signs of any burning or smell from anything so while it was open i tested the Fan direct from a battery from a diagram on the forum ,the results were no slow fan,no medium fan but fast speed was working well and no noise.
Whatever can this be that causes 2 speeds not to work,Will it be a relay or the pcb board do you think.

thanks julian
janker is offline   Reply With Quote