View Single Post
Old 7th July 2017, 15:54   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
After two years repairing the electrics following a "swim" in Devon Floods, the car is now running again; and past the MOT but have issues with ABS/TC.
I bought a brand New ABS Pump and a new loom repair section with the new plug. The only thing wrong now is that the traction control light will not go out. I managed to contact the suppliers of the ABS unit and they NOW tell me it is not TC! I am going to wade through my correspondence because I am sure I stipulated TC. It was bought June last year but not fitted until recently.
Any way how does one turn off the TC light on the dash? I did remove Fuse F2 (TC) but no go.
Can this unit be programmed for TC?
If not I have bought a brand new unit, fitted it so it is now S/H. Is there anyone who can use it and can swap for a TC unit (with adjustments of course)? it seems a shame to just remove it when I do get the correct one - If I can!
Hi Chuck, if a non traction control ABS unit is fitted, the only way to get rid of the warning lamp is to have TC removed from the cars ZCS coding I'm afraid.

Fortunately you're only about 55 miles from CB750Chris in Portsmouth, and I'm sure he'll be happy to sort that out for you

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote