View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:45   #9
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_k View Post
Just a word of caution but inactivity can mean low mileage cars can be problematic with parts ceasing and wheels becoming oval if stood for too long.
It's a lot of money to part with for a 20 year old car and you have no guarantee it will be trouble free.

It's your call but to put it in to perspective I recently purchased a 10 year old mint Jaguar XF top spec for £7k. You can buy an awful lot of car for this budget. I hope I'm not putting you off, it's your money and I'm sure you will make the decision that is right for you. Good luck
It is always going to be a balance between age and mileage. I would be more prepared to spend £7.5k on a 75 CDT with 7000 miles than a 10 year old XF with 100k+ miles for the simple reason that the former would be equally special but is likely to prove far cheaper to run per mile over the next 10 years and 100k miles.

Given the accumulated knowledge, the 75 CDT is a very cheap car to run and maintain by the standard of modern cars yet is rather special.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote