Thread: Rear brakes.
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2022, 20:22   #7
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
Be prepared for the back plates to be corroded where the holdown pins go through,and the holdown springs seized if you haven't been in before to check if you say the discs look original
Well that comment has just thrown a spanner in the works lol.

The reason I've not been in there before is because the handbrake works perfectly, so I've not really had the need to even have a look.

When I bought the car 5 years ago, I had a look at the brake pads both front and rear, they were brand new. The handbrake would hold the car on the side of everest so no issues there. I've replaced the front end, but these rusty old discs at the back bother me. The rear pads are about half worn and it will still hold it on everest.

I think now perhaps the best course of action is what have been suggested by TourerSteve, pull off the rear discs and access the situation, then order accordingly.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote