View Single Post
Old 26th March 2021, 11:36   #26
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh260260 View Post
Yep Simon there is gurgling occasionally not every time though, I suppose it depends on how long it has run for. Once I've drained it I'll report back.

BTW cant remember if we concluded that just an airlock coupled with a small thermos leak could cause such high temperatures

Thank

Paul
Think I posted my experiences with an airlock + working fan + minus 12c outside: the V6 overheated twice on the way home through town despite hardly more than tickover, got towed the last bit as I was freezing with a non-working heater and couldn't wait for the car to cool down.

If the refill doesn't help you might want to try a few unconventional methods I tried. Pressurised the system while running with compressed air (any type of radiator tester would do) - I got the idea having owned a Saab V4 and Rover 820, the clutches just won't bleed unless under pressure. I believe it led to the "burp" I've earlier described. And then the slow drives locally, upon return opening the bleed screw - every time I got a bit more air out, took about three trips before only coolant was expelled.

The car is now used daily with confidence (touch wood) but this blend of anti-freeze is staying in the car forever as I have no intention of going through this all again.

Good luck
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote